Join the Kombucha Kraze at our Beach House!
Calling all kombucha lovers! We are super stoked about being able to get our daily kombucha hit at the Vitality Bar at Botanika Union, our version of a unique spa experience, located at the lobby of our Beach House. In partnership with local business Jessie’s Juice, we are delighted to be offering this delicious and nutrient-rich drink to all our guests when they visit B/U.
Kombucha – the beverage the ancient Chinese called the “Immortal Health Elixir” – is a fermented tea made by adding a culture of bacteria and yeast to a solution of tea, sugar and sometimes fruit juice and other flavorings. It’s often referred to as “mushroom-tea” because during the brewing process the bacteria and yeast grow into a mass that resembles a mushroom cap.
Here we share the top five health benefits of this magical tea – make sure to swing by B/U soon for your wellness kick!
1. It is detoxifying! Kombucha helps in producing a healthy liver and aids in cancer prevention. It is rich in many of the enzymes and bacterial acids your body produces and/or uses to detox your system, thus reducing your pancreatic load and easing the burden on your liver. Kombucha is very high in Glucaric acid, and recent studies have shown that glucaric acid helps prevent cancer.
2. It aids in digestion and gut health! Because it’s naturally fermented with a living colony of bacteria and yeast, kombucha is a probiotic beverage. This has a myriad of benefits such as improved digestion, fighting candida (harmful yeast) overgrowth, mental clarity, and mood stability.
3. It’s immune boosting! Kombucha is extraordinarily anti-oxidant rich, and you all know the benefits of anti-oxidants for boosting your immune system and energy levels.
4. It helps with your joints! Kombucha contains glucosamines, a strong preventive and treatment all forms of arthritis.
5. Last but not least, like your favorite soda, kombucha is sweet and fizzy. Unlike soda, it’s low in calories and sugar, so it’s a much healthier choice.