The Art of Juicing
Juicing is one of the healthiest things you could do for your body – it takes all the wholesome nutrients from fresh fruit and veggies and delivers them straight to your system in the most easily processed and readily digestible form. Juicing is able to reach your body on the cellular level, allowing your digestive system to take a break and turn your body’s attention to healing.
At our Beach House, we offer our guests healthy and wholesome options so that they can stay fit during their vacation. Our fresh juice bar, located next to the Creperie Station at Anchor & Den, provides a delicious and nutritious way to kick start your day in paradise. Beth, our dedicated Juice Tender, loves sharing her knowledge on the benefits of juicing and is more than happy to give recommendations.
If you are still not convinced, here are five more reasons to try juicing – you may be pleasantly surprised at how great you feel after juicing once, twice or even three times a day!
1. It is an easy way to meet your fruit and veggie quotient. Many of us don’t consume the recommended amount of produce so juicing these fresh ingredients is a quick way to meet these needs.
2. It hydrates your body. Water isn’t the only way to replenish the fluids your body requires. Cold press juice is a savvy way to quench thirst and keep your organs functioning properly.
3. It is one of the fastest ways to rid your system of toxins. Environmental toxins can enter your body through your mouth, nose, and skin. Nutrients found in low-pulp juice help sweep these pollutants out of your system, keeping you healthier.
4. It gives you energy. Fresh juice delivers nutrients that your body is able to absorb almost instantaneously. Because your body doesn’t have to do the work of breaking down solid food, you’re left with energy to spare. Juicing can boost your energy level without the crash that caffeine and sugar sometimes cause.
5. Replacing a meal with fresh juice can help you lose weight without depriving your body of the nutrients it needs.
Juicing 101: Beth’s recommends the following ingredients
Red apple, cucumber, carrots, ginger and lemon juice
As an immune booster:
Orange, pineapple and grapefruit – a great source of vitamin C
To lose weight:
Pineapple, celery, cucumber and green apple
To feel energized:
Green apple, spinach, beets, carrots, lemon and wheatgrass
Beth’s personal favorite:
“The Fat Burner” (which includes pineapple, celery, cucumber and green apple) – it is full of fiber, vitamins and minerals, tasty and refreshing as well. This was the first recipe she tried a few years ago when she started juicing and blending.
Fresh Juice Bar at our Beach House, open daily from 7am–11am at Anchor & Den.