Top Ten Things To Do In Cayman
Everyday we count our lucky stars that we live in a place that has so much to do. Not only does Cayman have abundant natural beauty, it also offers a number of fun and interesting activities. We asked around at our Beach House and we came up with our top ten things (plus a bonus track) to do on our beautiful island. Enjoy!
1. Spend your days on Seven Mile Beach. Paddleboard in the warm turquoise waters along the famous Seven Mile Beach or take a walk on its soft powdery white sand. Or our Beach and Pool Ambassadors will pamper you as you relax and enjoy your time by the sea. We also have a dedicated Sunglasses Concierge who will make sure that your sunglasses are smudge and sand-free.
2. Dine in style. Anchor & Den provides a Food & Beverage offering that can’t be found anywhere else on island. Besides our beautiful and modern décor, what makes this space unique are our various food stations, including our Creperie Station and Raw and Ceviche Bar. We also offer Specialty Nights, where we showcase a diverse range of delicious cuisines; including our signature Tapas Night, El Mercat – Nit de Tapes.
3. Visit Stingray City. One of the island’s biggest and most-accessible attractions is Stingray City, where dozens of timid stingrays of all sizes gather around the shallow Sand Bar and interact with humans. It is an experience not to be missed!
4. Take part in the ultimate Beach House experience. Our resort offers a variety of fun activities to bring you back to a summer state-of-mind such as making S’mores at our beach bonfire nights, watching poolside movies under the stars and enjoying summertime treats like cotton candy and popcorn on a hot day by the pool. We also offer guests the chance to stargaze on the beach with a knowledgeable guide, including members of the Cayman Islands Astronomical Society.
5. Snorkel our shores. The resort boosts its own Artificial Reef Project, which is just a short swim from our beachfront. It is an accessible and convenient excursion for guests who love to snorkel. The man-made reef balls are teeming with vibrant wildlife and guests often bring breadcrumbs to feed the colorful fish that surround the area. Take a Go-Pro camera with you (included in the Resort Fee) and document your underwater adventure!
6. Check out our Kids Club. Our Kids Club program is jam packed with wonderful activities for our junior guests ages 5–12. We want families to bond and reconnect during their vacation so we chose activities that they could do together such as kite flying and building boats to race in the Turtle Lagoon.
7. Experience our signature Sunset Ritual. We love to make a ritual out of the breathtaking Cayman sunset. We set up distinctive furniture right on the beachfront at the end of the day so you have the perfect backdrop to take pictures as the sun goes down.
8. Visit the Farmers Market. One of our favorite spots to explore is the Farmers and Artisans Market, which takes place every Wednesday in Camana Bay. On Saturdays, The Grounds in Lower Valley in Bodden Town hosts The Market, where dedicated and skillful farmers along with crafts and culinary artisans come together to offer local fare, unique souvenirs and hand-made and traditional crafts.
9. Take a Linus bike. One of the most enjoyable ways you can spend a beautiful breezy morning in Cayman is by discovering the island by bicycle. Take a Linus bike (included in the Resort Fee) and discover the perfect spot on a nearby beach or park to lay down a blanket and share a picnic with friends and family.
10. Light a lantern on New Year’s Eve. One tradition that we look forward to every year is our Sky Lantern Ceremony, which takes place on our beachfront on New Year’s Eve. At this signature event, we invite guests to write their wishes and intentions for the new year on paper lanterns before sending them off into the night sky.
Bonus track. You can’t leave Cayman without tasting our famous Salted Caramel Ice Cream dessert at Anchor & Den. With mouthwatering toffee ice cream, chocolate shortbread and salted caramel – it is perfection in a jar!